• B.S. Biochemistry, University of California Riverside
• D.D.S., University of California , Los Angeles (UCLA) Dental School
• One Year Advanced General Practice Residency, Wadsworth V.A. Hospital
• M.B.A. courses, University of Phoenix
• Certificate in Medical Management, University of California, Irvine
• Fellowship in Forensic Odontology, University of Texas Health Science Center
• CADP Certified Quality Assurance Auditor
Professional Organizations and Designations:
• Fellow, American Association Of Integrative Medicine
• Diplomate of the College of Dentistry
• Academy of General Dentistry
• American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
• National Sleep Foundation, The California Sleep Society
• American Association of Dental Consultants
• American Society of Forensic Odontology
• American Academy of Forensic Sciences
• Certified Medical Investigator, Level IV
"I have a particular emphasis in my part of our practice on treating those people challenged with Snoring Problems or Obstructive Sleep Apnea...especially those who cannot tolerate a CPAP. My years of training in this special area allow me to work with your physician as part of a medical team in your diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing care. I am one of a small number of dentists who have the extra training and technological equipment to evaluate an individual's airway volume dynamics and how it is affected by various treatment options in Oral Appliance Therapy. I find it very rewarding working as a team to help improve someone's quality of life and health!"
• B.A in Business Economics, University of California, Irvine
• Masters in Public Health, A.T. Still University
• D.D.S., Loma Linda University Dental School
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Orange County Dental Society
Dr. Melwani was born in Dallas and grew up in Irvine. She is happy to be home in Orange County serving Newport Beach and neighboring communities with quality, integrity and compassionate care.
Dr. Melwani shows her commitment to community with her past participation in programs which provide care to underprivileged children and the homeless population. She works with children teaching them about oral health and nutrition. She has worked at free dental clinics in Redlands, CA and in El Fuerte and Sinaloa, Mexico.
She loves to learn and is committed to continuing education and staying current on new advances and technologies in dentistry. She is an active member of the American Dental Association as well as the California and Orange County Dental Societies.
She has extensive clinical experience in all aspects of dental care and looks forward to working with you to address any concerns you may have. She encourages you to ask questions so that you can become actively involved in your dental care. She strives to provide a positive and caring experience for all her patients.